March 2013 Release
The following changes and enhancements have been made in the March 2013 release of easyFBT 2013 (2013.1.0.13):
Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) Return 2013 form
The ATO Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) Return 2013 form has been finalised and included in this release.
A number of new reports have been included:
- Combined Drivers and Vehicles (Car and Residual Non-Car) Workpaper Report - this report shows each driver of a vehicle with detailed parent vehicle information.
Cheaper ITEB Entertainment Valuation Method Election Available Validation Report - this report show cheaper entertainment valuation methods when these are available.
Cheaper Consolidated ITEB Entertainment Valuation Method Election Available Validation Report - this report show cheaper entertainment valuation methods at the consolidated level when these are available.
Inconsistent Consolidated ITEB Entertainment Valuation Method Election Validation Report - this report show all entities within consolidations where the entertainment valuation methods selected are not identical in all entities with ITEB Entertainment.
Consolidated ITEB Entertainment Valuation Method Election Review Report - this report shows a summary of all ITEB Entertainment valuation methods chosen for each entity within a consolidation.
Additionally each validation (as required) is processed when producing the Fringe Benefits Tax Return form.
Entities (System Manager)
A list of users accessing each entity is now stored and is displayed on the Entities summary.
Backup (System Manager)
When your chosen backup location is not available, the new Offline Backups feature will ensure your backup is still completed and saved to your local computer. You will be optionally notified (on by default) when this happens next time you start easyFBT. A new section on the Backups tab will be shown where offline backup files are available allowing you to open this location and manually move them to the usual backup location once it becomes available.
The Create and Restore Backups features have been combined into the same section.
A new feature has been added when you export easyFBT workpapers to a MS Excel file. The exported MS Excel file will now open automatically in MS Excel (on by default - this option can be changed via the Workpapers tab available from the Tools > Options menu). (user request)
December 2012 Release
The following changes and enhancements have been made in the December 2012 release of easyFBT 2013 (2013.1.0.11):
Income Tax Exempt Bodies
Users now have the ability to choose whether they are an Income Tax Exempt Body. This selection is made during entity creation or via the Preliminary: FBT Return entry document. For existing 2013 entities or where entities are rolled-over from 2012, easyFBT will attempt to make a selection for you.
Income Tax Exempt Body Entertainment (All) workpaper
This new workpaper (available to Taxable or Rebatable employer types who are Income Tax Exempt Bodies) enables you to enter Recreation, Meals or Entertainment Facility Leasing Expense (EFLE) entertainment benefits into the same workpaper. Election of a specific entertainment valuation method for your entertainment can be made on the Entertainment tab in the the Properties and Settings dialog.
Note: The existing Income Tax Exempt Body Entertainment workpaper has been renamed to Income Tax Exempt Body Entertainment (Actual). The availability of this workpaper is dependant on your Employer Type and Income Tax Exempt Body selections.
You should review the user guide for further information in relation to determining which selection is appropriate for you.
The Backup tab now includes a Create Backup button allowing you to quickly create a backup of all entities within your active data source with one click to your chosen backup location.
Create Entity Wizard
A new option has been added to the entity creation allowing you to determine whether your Employer Type is an Income Tax Exempt Body. Note: For existing users, you can change this selection on the Preliminary: FBT Return entry document.
Properties and Settings
A new Entertainment tab has been added (replacing the Meal Entertainment Valuation tab), allowing you to enter your 12 Week Register and also (depending on Employer Type and Income Tax Exempt Body selections) select either the Meal Entertainment or Income Tax Exempt Body Entertainment valuation elections.
The Settings tab has been moved to the Options dialog (now called Reporting), available from the Tools > Options menu. This change allows all general settings to be consolidated into the options.
The following changes have been made to the Car/Residual Non-Car (Vehicles) sub-tab:
- The Surname and First Name fields have been added (populated from the Drivers sub-tab) for sorting purposes (user request)
- The Running Expenses (GST Incl.) column is now available for direct entry of your total running expenses if you have not used the Running Expenses sub-tab. Once you have begun entering information into the Running Expenses sub-tab this field will be locked and will display the total of this sub-tab.
Note: This is the continuation of the consolidation of data entry for vehicles which will eventually allow you to enter all information (excluding NBAs) into the Vehicles sub-tab (to be completed in easyFBT 2014).
The following changes have been made to the Car/Residual Non-Car (Drivers) sub-tab:
- You can now optionally select whether the same driver can be entered/imported more than once. This setting can be modified in the Vehicles and Drivers section of the Workpaper tab (available from the Tools > Options menu) (user request)
September 2012 Release
The following changes and enhancements have been made in the September 2012 release of easyFBT 2013 (2013.1.0.10):
In-House Benefit Reduction Allocation Wizard
Users now have the option of running the In-House Benefit Reduction Allocation wizard which allows them to choose the workpaper areas and specific workpaper order that the $1,000 In-House Benefit Reduction amount will be applied to for in-house benefits. (user request)
Enhancements and other changes
The Start-Up wizard now gives you the ability to transfer the majority of your product settings over from easyFBT 2012. Some of the information that is transferred includes: Workpaper and export to Microsoft Excel settings, E-mail configuration (for Documents and Letters Wizard) and your Import data settings.
Users will now choose to select either their prior year entities or an existing data source for rollover rather than having to manually navigate the network as was the case in easyFBT 2012 (users with an Enterprise licence will still be able to do this).
Users can now print preview and print On-Screen reports just as you can with workpapers. Additional on-screen reports have also been developed and added to easyFBT.
Preliminary: FBT Return entry
To allow easier navigation, we are now showing the corresponding section/question numbers from the ATO Form for each corresponding section/question. (user request)
Export workpapers to Microsoft Excel
Additional header and footer items (Entity and Sheet Name and Entity) have been added for when you export your workpapers to Microsoft Excel format. These settings can be modified in the Export Workpapers section of the Workpapers tab (available from the Tools > Options menu). (user request)
The following changes have been made in the Car workpaper:
- Automation of the Excluded Benefit? field. Where a car has two or more drivers and private use is allocated to more than one driver then the Excluded Benefit field will default to Yes. Note: This automation can be overridden, if required. (user request)
- We have added two new columns in the Car (Vehicles) sub-tab to allow users to easily confirm item (a) of question 23A and 23B on the ATO form. The columns are called Selected Gross Taxable Value (Statutory Formula Method) and Selected Gross Taxable Value (Operating Cost Method) and are hidden by default. These new fields contain the gross taxable value for the selected method for each car. The totals of these columns match the ATO form’s item (a) at question 23A and 23B for easier confirmation of the gross taxable value directly from the Car (Vehicles) sub-tab. (user request)
The following changes have been made across various workpapers:
- The State field is now unlocked in each required workpaper allowing you to over-ride the current default state for each benefit.
- Entry of In-House Benefit Reduction amounts now require selection of the In-House item in the Benefit Type column. This will unlock the field for entry.
Users can now set the default State that will be used on new rows in the Employee workpaper. Note: the State can still be over-ridden manually or when imported into the employee workpaper. This setting can be modified in the Default State section of the Workpapers tab (available from the Tools > Options menu).
All required rates, public holidays and other information has been updated for the 2013 FBT year.